When individuals require specialized care beyond the walls of our patient care locations, the NYC Health + Hospitals/At Home division of our health system steps up to the plate.STORY
New York City Health & Hospitals Corporation
New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation (HHC) is the largest municipal healthcare system in the nation, serving 1.4 million patients – one in six New Yorkers – annually. HHC’s mission is to provide healthcare to New Yorkers without regard to insurance coverage, ability to pay, or immigration status.
At HHC, patient safety is our priority. In 2008, we received The Joint Commission's John M. Eisenberg Award for Innovation in Patient Safety and Quality.
In 2013, more than 500,000 of our patients were uninsured. HHC’s patients are among the most diverse in the world, speaking 179 languages.
HHC by the numbers:
- 35,000 staff members
- 8,000 volunteers
- 4,500 acute care beds
- 3,000 long-term care or skilled nursing facility beds
- 225,000 hospital admissions
- 1 million + emergency department visits
- 5 million + patient visits
- 21,000 babies delivered
- 420,000 insured through MetroPlus, HHC’s Medicaid managed care plan
- More than 1.3 million patients tested for HIV
For more information, please visit HHC's website.